Assessment and Coaching
Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®)
To quantify and fully understand your organization’s level of cultural competency and intercultural growth, we recommend using The Intercultural Development Inventory® (IDI®), which we administer.
- The premier cultural competency measurement instrument.
- Recognized nationally and internationally as the “gold standard” by corporations, schools, governments, and non-profit organizations.
- Research supports that “training and leadership development efforts at building intercultural competence are more successful when they are based on the individual’s or group’s underlying developmental orientation as assessed by the IDI®.”
- Consists of 50 items, is given electronically, and takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
- Click here to learn more about the IDI ®.
Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory® (ICS®)
Conflict happens—no matter what culture you’re from. But when you’re working in a multicultural setting, knowing more about how different cultures (including your own!) deal with conflict, gives you the language, the skills, and the mindset to work effectively through it. One excellent way to do this is by taking the Intercultural Conflict Style Inventory® (ICS®).
- “The leading tool for identifying core approaches to improving communication, resolving conflicts and solving problems across cultural differences,” Mitchell Hammer, Ph.D.
- 18 item assessment, delivered electronically, that takes about 15-20 minutes to complete.
- See http://www.icsinventory.com/ for additional information
Once you have completed the IDI or ICS, and have received an Individual Development Plan (IDP), you may choose to engage in 1-on-1 intercultural coaching to progress more rapidly through the stages of intercultural development or to receive ongoing support and accountability as you work through your IDP. Participants report that because of the individualized nature of these coaching sessions, they are able to gain and refine intercultural skills in a way that is tailored to their unique needs, and receive precise feedback that keeps them moving forward in their intercultural growth.